Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#665 closed defect (fixed)

Soas2-200903271806.iso won't boot on XO-1, /home/liveuser is owned by root

Reported by: skierpage Owned by: sdz
Priority: Urgent Milestone:
Component: Sugar on a Stick (SoaS) Version: 0.84.x
Severity: Critical Keywords:
Cc: Distribution/OS: OLPC
Bug Status: Resolved

Description

I tried booting Soas2-200903271806.iso from USB on an XO-1 and it would not proceed to the Sugar desktop from the "login:" screen. I noticed /home/liveuser is drwx-r-xr-x owned by root. After

  # chown liveuser /home/liveuser
  # chgrp liveuser /home/liveuser

logging in as liveuser proceeded to the Sugar desktop.

More details
I have an XO-1 with OFW q2e33. I downloaded Soas2-200903271806.iso and ran latest LiveUSB-Creator 3.6.3 under Windows XP to put it and a 256 MB persistent storage area on a USB flash drive.

Insert the USB flash drive, power on XO-1, hold down check key.

  • The hot dog is back!
  • After a minute the screen goes dark.
  • After another 90 seconds of dark screen I get the blue swirl Login: screen with "liveuser",
  • Log in.
  • After several seconds that goes to dark screen, and a few seconds later I'm back at the blue Login: screen. :-(

In a console, ~liveuser has no .sugar subdirectory, so it looks like
Sugar never got rolling.

The file "/var/log/slim.log" (attached) has various errors, starting with

/usr/bin/xauth:  timeout in locking authority file /home/liveuser/.Xauthority

Attachments (1)

slim.log (4.8 KB) - added by skierpage 12 years ago.
contents of /var/logs/slim.log

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (3)

Changed 12 years ago by skierpage

contents of /var/logs/slim.log

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by sdz

  • Bug Status changed from Unconfirmed to Assigned
  • Priority changed from High to Urgent
  • Status changed from new to accepted

Fixed this in the most recent commit to the SoaS repo. I'll double-check if it works now either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for figuring this out! :)

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by sdz

  • Bug Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from accepted to closed

This has been confirmed to be fixed in SoaS!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.