Opened 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#3516 reopened defect

TamTam activities should use updated translations

Reported by: HoboPrimate Owned by: alsroot
Priority: Unspecified by Maintainer Milestone: Unspecified
Component: TamTam Version: 0.95.x
Severity: Unspecified Keywords:
Cc: cjl Distribution/OS: Fedora
Bug Status: Unconfirmed

Description (last modified by HoboPrimate)

Tamtam 63 that is.

Change History (14)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

Hm, but I _have_ see the newest translations in the tamtam shipped in the latest OLPC build 11.3.0...

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

Just want to tell, I am using Fedora 17 (not final release yet) with tamtam packages installed, and updated them to version 62 through Sugar update manager. I think means I should be running the newest version.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by cjl

  • Cc cjl added

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by alsroot

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

The problem was that sources tarball was created after uploading .xo files. I've released new, v63, version with recent .po files.

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I've deleted Tamtam's and installed the new versions from aslo, and am not seeing the updated translations. I've also checked that I don't have them installed from Fedora repositories. Looking inside their Activity folders, pt.po files seems correct.

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by alsroot

What about .mo, do they relate to .po files? If yes, is GUI translated or it is in en entirely?

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

Yes, the .mo file is translated. The GUI is a about 5% translated.

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by alsroot

Then, it is not TamTam issue. You either misconfigured your system or you triggered a bug in sugar.

I tested both pt_PT and pt_BR with uploaded .xo for TamTamEdir, and it works fine in my env

comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

Deleted ~/Activities and ~.sugar and still happens... hm, will look into it and if I have more information I'll put it here.

comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by alsroot

Whats your locale, i.e, what "locale" command outputs in Terminal after setting pt language in control panel section.

comment:11 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

output of locale:

LANG=pt_PT.utf8
LC_CTYPE="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC=pt_PT.utf8
LC_TIME=pt_PT.utf8
LC_COLLATE="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_MONETARY=pt_PT.utf8
LC_MESSAGES="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_PAPER="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_NAME="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT=pt_PT.utf8
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_PT.utf8"
LC_ALL=

I've also changed languages, and the same happens, most of the strings stay in english.

comment:12 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

The same happens with installed Tamtam* activities from ASLO in s XO-1 with build 11.3.1.

comment:13 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:14 Changed 8 years ago by HoboPrimate

At least for european portuguese it isn't fully translated, and since
I've commited them a long time ago, other translations are probably
misssing or outdated too.

Seen in sugar 0.96 on Fedora 17 laptop, and sugar 0.95 on build 11.3.1 on XO-1.
Tested with TamTam* 62 and 63

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.