Ticket #296 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Active point of Paint pointers should be at tip of pencil, brush, drip on fill bucket, etc.
|Reported by:||FGrose||Owned by:||godiard|
|Priority:||Unspecified by Maintainer||Milestone:||Unspecified by Release Team|
Some of the Paint pointers release their 'ink' at an unexpected points on the image.
This is most critical for the fill action on small targets, but also confusing or frustrating when it is a hidden point, such as the shape arrow.
Please adjust the 'release' point to the following proposed locations:
- very tip of the pencil & brush
- at bottom of drip on the fill bucket
- exact point of arrow on arrow shape
- lower-left corner of eraser (this works with 1 to ~6 pixel diameters, but on larger diameter erase fields, the erase field has its upper-left corner at the eraser pointer's lower-left corner.
- center the erase field of sized shapes on the corner of the eraser
- exact lower-left corner for polygon tool (please also rotate the triangle on the pointer to point at that corner)
- exact lower-left corner of the rectangular marquee (It initially appears as a square with the active point somewhat displaced. On subsequent clicks, it becomes a crosshair pointer that works appropriately.)
- at a new highlight (bright pixel or two) on the exact edge of the circle for the ellipse shape
- more in the table linked below.
All proposals can be found in a table for general review at
Thanks for a great tool!