Ticket #1765 (closed defect: fixed)
Changes to a Journal entries metadata are wiped if activity is still open (0.84)
|Reported by:||erikos||Owned by:||erikos|
|Priority:||Unspecified by Maintainer||Milestone:||0.88|
|Cc:||dsd, tomeu, sayamindu||Distribution/OS:||Unspecified|
How to reproduce:
1) Start a new Activity from the home fav view (e.g Browse)
2) Switch to Journal
3) Favourite star it, edit the title, in detail view add description and/or tags
4) Switch back to Journal list view (i.e don't leave in Journal details view)
5) Switch to Activity instance
6) Switch back to Journal view
7) Note that all previous Journal metadata details are wiped/reset
Original description in #1358.
This one cause a lot of confusion and lost data in the Berlin Pilot. I ported the 0.88 fix back to 0.84. The only thing I don't like with the patch is that we need to create another ds interface in the datastore module (we have already one in the dbus-helpers).
Patch tested on soas-0.84.