Ticket #1358 (closed defect: fixed)
Changes to a Journal entries metadata are wiped if edited while Activity entry is currently instantiated
|Reported by:||garycmartin||Owned by:||erikos|
|Priority:||Unspecified by Maintainer||Milestone:||0.88|
Ouch a nasty one, tested on 0.82, 0.84, 0.86...
If you use the Journal to edit ANY of the metadata (favourite star state, title, description, tags, while that activity entry is running, switching focus to that activity and back to the Journal will wipe all your changes.
How to reproduce:
1) Start a new Activity from the home fav view (e.g Browse)
2) Switch to Journal
3) Favourite star it, edit the title, in detail view add description and/or tags
4) Switch back to Journal list view (i.e don't leave in Journal details view)
5) Switch to Activity instance
6) Switch back to Journal view
7) Note that all previous Journal metadata details are wiped/reset
The activity does not need to be new, it can be a resumed instance. You can leave the Journal view in a details view but you hit another bug in that the view is not refreshed with the wiped metadata, so it look like it remembers, but when you revisit later it was indeed wiped.
This issue prevents the workflow where you switch to the Journal to add tags or a descriptions to Activities you have open for reference (say you're trying to work out a nice description for two homework essays, or clearly tag them).