Ticket #1888 (new enhancement)
OLPC-Write Activity – Validation needed when user tries to duplicate a file name
|Reported by:||hiruni||Owned by:||eben|
|Priority:||Unspecified by Maintainer||Milestone:||Unspecified by Release Team|
In write activity the same file names can be saved with different contents. When several files are saved with the same name, there is no way to differentiate those files. So it would be better, if validation is there to avoid the duplicate file names.
1. Power on OLPC
2. Click on the write activity icon on home page.
3. Click on the text Tab.
4. Type a text
5. Save the document with a name
6. Close it
7. Open another document, type any text
8. Save it with same file name as former and close
9. Go to journal
- Verify whether two documents are exist with the same name
Duplicate file names are allowed
It would be better if there is a validation available when user tries to duplicate the file name
OS Build: OS 116
Machine Type: XO 1.5
Security Disable: Yes
Sugar Version: 0.84
Activity Version: 63