Ticket #1701 (closed defect: duplicate)
Activity version: Add minor field
|Reported by:||erikos||Owned by:||tomeu|
|Component:||sugar||Version:||Git as of bugdate|
Like discussed in the email thread we want to add a minor part to the activity version. The idea is to reuse the existing activity_version field as the major part (integer). A new field will be introduced that will be the minor part (fraction) of the new floating point activity version.
Users before 0.88 will only see the major part and learners using a Sugar version >= 0.88 will see the minor part, too.
The patch does the following:
- a new field is added to the activity.info file (activity_minor_version)
- internally the activity version will become represented as a float, constructing the value of the minor and major part if the minor part is available. Otherwise the activity version is converted to a float
- when reading the favorites values from the config file the version is converted to a float, to make sure the values can be compared
- add the minor part to an activity.info file of an activity
- you should be able to change the favorite status in the activities list of new and old style activities
- you should be able to install activities (check newer and older versions of the same activity, too)