Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#975 closed enhancement (fixed)

mention search method/syntax

Reported by: sascha_silbe Owned by: lfaraone
Priority: Unspecified by Maintainer Milestone: Unspecified
Component: git.sugarlabs.org Version: Git as of bugdate
Severity: Unspecified Keywords:
Cc: Distribution/OS: Unspecified
Bug Status: New

Description

git.sugarlabs.org seems to do full-word matches by default. E.g. "datastore" only matches the "ubuntu sugar-datastore", "FsGateway" and "versionsupport-project" projects ("datastore" mentioned in description for each of those), but not "sugar-datastore".
Would be nice if the syntax tips ("eg. 'wrapper', 'category:python' or '"document database"'") would mention the syntax ("*substring*") for substring matching as well.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by bernie

  • Owner changed from bernie to lfaraone
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Luke, can you take care of this please?

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by lfaraone

Bernie,

Looks like this is fixed upstream: http://gitorious.org/search?q=foobar

Should we update our gitorious version, or just that template?

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by alsroot

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

closing the bug, since we have new gitrorious

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by sascha_silbe

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

This bug has not been fixed by the gitorious upgrade. Searching for "datastore" still doesn't list sugar-datastore (we could work around that by adding a label "datastore" to sugar-datastore, but that's beside the point).

comment:5 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by alsroot

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

ok, I added unconditional '*' search. at the end, it is the most expected behavior, I think.

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 Changed 9 years ago by sascha_silbe

Replying to alsroot:

ok, I added unconditional '*' search. at the end, it is the most expected behavior, I think.

I don't know why it works ("sugar-datastore" shouldn't match "datastore*"), but it does. Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.