Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#3401 closed defect (fixed)

Browse crashes after loading a web page on XO-1

Reported by: manuq Owned by: manuq
Priority: Unspecified by Maintainer Milestone:
Component: Browse Version: Git as of bugdate
Severity: Blocker Keywords: 12.1.0, olpc-testing-pending
Cc: tonyforster Distribution/OS: OLPC
Bug Status: Assigned

Description (last modified by manuq)

I can reproduce this if I workaround #3400 setting a false title in line 123 of webtoolbar.py. This is for XO-1, after editing the entry and pressing enter, the page loads, then Browse crashes.

Trace attached.

Attachments (3)

trace_browse.log (539 bytes) - added by manuq 9 years ago.
sigill.patch (488 bytes) - added by erikos 9 years ago.
patch from http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113389/trunk/Source/JavaScriptCore/dfg/DFGCapabilities.cpp
webkitgtk3.patch (1.2 KB) - added by erikos 9 years ago.
patch against f17 head

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (18)

Changed 9 years ago by manuq

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by manuq

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by manuq

  • Keywords 12.1.0 added

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

  • Bug Status changed from Unconfirmed to Assigned

I can reproduce the crash with epiphany on the XO-1, same error. Others seem to have encountered the same issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webkit/+bug/952216 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epiphany-browser/+bug/950223

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

I can reproduce as well with: epiphany-3.4.0.1-1.fc17 webkitgtk3-1.8.0-1.fc17 Time to file upstream...

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by manuq

  • Summary changed from Browse crashes after loading a web page to Browse crashes after loading a web page on XO-1

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

Some more findings on the upstream bug https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=82496 today:

The bug seems to be in the missing sse2 instructions set, missing sse registers on the Geode.

Foe now we can try to disable DFG (CPPFLAGS=-DENABLE_DFG_JIT=0).

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by manuq

Great work hunting, guys. Was fixed upstream, now we need to repackage it and test in build.

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

This is the patch we need while waiting for the upstream patch to bubble up: http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113389/trunk/Source/JavaScriptCore/dfg/DFGCapabilities.cpp

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

I have patched webkitgtk3 [1] with the upstream patch [2]. This does fix the crashing for me on the XO-1.

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3987337
[2] http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113389/trunk/Source/JavaScriptCore/dfg/DFGCapabilities.cpp

Changed 9 years ago by erikos

patch against f17 head

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by manuq

Great erikos, I have tested in build, after installing the RPM the issue disappears.

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by pbrobinson

This will be fixed in webkitgtk3-1.8.0-3.fc17

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by tonyforster

  • Cc tonyforster added

comment:14 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

  • Keywords olpc-testing-pending added
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Has been landed in os8.

comment:15 Changed 8 years ago by dnarvaez

  • Milestone 0.96 deleted

Milestone 0.96 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.