Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#3374 closed defect (fixed)

Translation (ay.po) error

Reported by: humitos Owned by: cjl
Priority: Unspecified by Maintainer Milestone: Unspecified
Component: localization Version: Git as of bugdate
Severity: Unspecified Keywords:
Cc: Distribution/OS: Debian
Bug Status: Unconfirmed

Description

I'm trying to compile sugar with jhbuild and I found a missing "\n" in one string.

Here is the error:

*** Building sugar *** [8/22]
make -j 8
Making all in bin
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/bin'
make[1]: No se hace nada para `all'.
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/bin'
Making all in data
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data'
Making all in icons
make[2]: se ingresa al directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data/icons'
make[2]: No se hace nada para `all'.
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data/icons'
make[2]: se ingresa al directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data'
LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/intltool-merge  -x -u -c ../po/.intltool-merge-cache ../po sugar.xml.in sugar.xml
LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/intltool-merge  -s -u -c ../po/.intltool-merge-cache ../po sugar.schemas.in sugar.schemas
./em.py -D scaling=\'72\' ./gtkrc.em > \
		../data/sugar-72.gtkrc
./em.py -D scaling=\'100\' ./gtkrc.em > \
		../data/sugar-100.gtkrc
Generating and caching the translation database
Generating and caching the translation database
Merging translations into sugar.xml.
Merging translations into sugar.schemas.
CREATED sugar.xml
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data'
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data'
Making all in po
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/po'
file=`echo ar | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file ar.po
file=`echo ay | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file ay.po
file=`echo bi | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file bi.po
file=`echo cpp | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file cpp.po
file=`echo de | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file de.po
file=`echo dz | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file dz.po
file=`echo fa_AF | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file fa_AF.po
file=`echo ff | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file ff.po
file=`echo ha | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file ha.po
file=`echo he | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file he.po
ay.po:920: a alguna de las líneas `msgid' y `msgstr' les falta el `\n' final
/usr/bin/msgfmt: se encontró el error fatal 1
file=`echo hu | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
	  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file hu.po
make[1]: *** [ay.gmo] Error 1
make[1]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/srv/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/po'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** Error during phase build of sugar: ########## Error running make -j 8 *** [8/22]

Attachments (1)

0001-added-missing-n.patch (812 bytes) - added by humitos 9 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 9 years ago by humitos

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by humitos

This patch solves this issue.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by cjl

The core issue here is that at the request of the Aymara localizers we switched from language code "ay" to language code 'aym", but it looks like we have not eliminated the formerly existing "ay.po" files.

It will take a little longer to go through the Pootle local git repo
to remove these and then synch it with the Gitorious core repo, but it is the right way to fix it as opposed to making the correction to a file that shouldn't be used anyway.

In the meantime, you can safely ignore any file with the language code 'ay", the real Aymara work is in files identified wit hthe "aym" ISO-639 code.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by cjl

  • Component changed from sugar-jhbuild to localization
  • Owner changed from sascha_silbe to cjl
  • Status changed from new to assigned

I'm going to change the component to localization and take ownership of this bug.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by cjl

I believe I've deleted the ay.po files from Pootle. I may need to commit these deletes to the Gitorious repo before they help.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by cjl

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

I believe I have eliminated the "ay" files causing this error, closing as fixed.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.