Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#1734 closed defect (fixed)

mismatch between journal and recent activities list

Reported by: walter Owned by: erikos
Priority: Unspecified by Maintainer Milestone:
Component: Sugar Version: Git as of bugdate
Severity: Blocker Keywords:
Cc: Distribution/OS: Unspecified
Bug Status: Assigned

Description

In the latest jhbuild (0.87) there seems to be a mismatch between recent activity as shown in the journal and as shown in the hover menu from the homeview. In the images attached to this ticket, you can see that different recent instances of Turtle Art are shown on the homeview than in the journal. (Note that applying the filter in the journal -- done for clarity -- makes no difference.)

Attachments (2)

Screenshot-Untitled Window.png (51.1 KB) - added by walter 9 years ago.
Homeview list
Screenshot-Untitled Window-1.png (62.8 KB) - added by walter 9 years ago.
Journal list

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (10)

Changed 9 years ago by walter

Homeview list

Changed 9 years ago by walter

Journal list

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by walter

I should have noted: this seems to be an initialization problem. New activity is added to the homeview recent activity list as I work within a session. The mismatch is evident whenever I start a new Sugar session.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

  • Bug Status changed from Unconfirmed to Assigned
  • Milestone changed from Unspecified by Release Team to 0.88
  • Severity changed from Unspecified to Blocker

Actually, I can see it without even having started an activity. I mark it a blocker, since it is an regression. I know that we touched that code, when we removed the dbus calls and used the sugar.datastore API.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by sascha_silbe

Looks like a dupe of #1660 or at least related.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by walter

It isn't just matter of top-to-bottom vs bottom-to-top as per 1660. Different items show up on the list than expected. Once you run an activity, it shows up at the top of the list, no matter what. So perhaps related, but not the same.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

Ok, I fixed the issue and we are back to the old behavior. The new code did use mtime instead of the 'last resumed' order we use as well in the Journal. For example when you change the title in the Journal, this will change the mtime value, but not the timestamp of the entry in the Journal. I guess this is the correct behavior.

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/commits/1d43dd706894d8eab7e0464c54f88b7ae814f684

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by erikos

  • Owner changed from tomeu to erikos
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by walter

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by dnarvaez

  • Milestone 0.88 deleted

Milestone 0.88 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.