Activity data directory should be deleted when an activity is deleted
|Reported by:||bernie||Owned by:||tch|
|Severity:||Unspecified||Keywords:||sugar-love r+ dextrose|
Some ill-behaved activities generate large amounts of data in their data directories. For example, Browse can easily put 50MB of cache in there, and I've seen a laptop with Wine using up 200MB of disk space. As the user installs activities to try them out, this junk accumulates permanently in the filesystem, with no way to get rid of it. I've seen several laptops with an empty journal and no free space.
I propose that deleting an activity should also automatically delete its associated data directory.
There's a data loss concern for activities that don't use the journal, but the current behavior causes an even worse data loss scenario: it quickly makes the system so unusable that it needs to be reinstalled, thus loosing *all* data.
Change History (33)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by bernie
- Owner changed from jasg to tch
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by erikos
- Component changed from sugar to sugar-toolkit
- Milestone changed from Unspecified by Release Team to 0.90
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by erikos
- Bug Status changed from Unconfirmed to Assigned
- Keywords r! added; r? removed
- Priority changed from Unspecified by Maintainer to Normal
comment:20 Changed 4 years ago by tch
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed