Ticket #1638 (accepted defect)
Browse.xo mangles filenames during upload
|Reported by:||martin.langhoff||Owned by:||lucian|
|Priority:||Unspecified by Maintainer||Milestone:||0.94|
This may be an issue with the Journal/DS interaction rather than a pure Browse.xo issue.
On 0.84.9 with Browse-108
- from the commandline, create a file, for example a patch: foo.patch
- use copy-to-journal to add it to the journal -- or copy it to a mounted USB disk
- open Browse, login to dev.sugarlabs.org
- try to upload the patch to a bug
Expected: preserved filename (or titlename), reasonable extension. Something similar to what we do when copying from the DS to an external USB disk.
Actual result: tmpXYZ1234
There are two reasons why this is important:
- I do use Sugar to develop Sugar -- want to be able to upload patches sanely.
- Webapps do rely on the names and extensions provided (with due care of sanity-cleanup of spurious chars). This affects our friendly Moodle, heart of the XS.