Ticket #1312 (closed defect: fixed)
Palette will fail to open if you have just 'scrubbed' over some number of icons quickly
|Reported by:||garycmartin||Owned by:||alsroot|
|Priority:||Unspecified by Maintainer||Milestone:||0.86|
|Component:||sugar||Version:||Git as of bugdate|
I've been seeing the occasional random palette fail to open when mousing over button icons. It seems to happen for any palette, home icon ring, Frame activities tray, frame device, activity toolbars. Once a palette fails to open, you have to hover over a different palette, allow it to open, and then return to the palette that failed (it will now open correctly).
1) open a few activities (eg, Log, Terminal Write)
2) mouse to a corner to reveal the frame
3) sweep the cursor back and forwards a few times over the top frame zoom views and open activity icons (move cursor quickly)
4) stop cleanly on one of the icons, and wait for the palette to display
5) if palette displays correctly, go to step 3 and try again
You should see the palette fail to display after a few attempts. It's also reasonably easy to reproduce by sweeping the cursor over an arc of the home favourites view.